This time of year we are thinking about a fresh start, new ways to improve ourselves, and making the most of a new year. The simplest first step you can take is to update your headshot. Whether it is for your business website, for your LinkedIn profile, or even mainstream social media, putting a fresh, professional photo up is the best way to grow your audience. Your headshot is your first impression, make it a great one!
Some tips from me to you:
- Get a haircut! You always feel amazing walking out of the hairdressers or barber shop. Schedule your photo session for the same day and take advantage of the fresh do.
- Ladies, wear makeup. Even if you don't normally wear makeup, a little mascara, blush and lip gloss (or even Chapstick!) goes a long way.
- Gents, put on the Chapstick. Trust me.
- When choosing your outfits pick a top and a layer like a jacket or sweater, this goes for everyone! Layers are everything. Plus you can lose a layer to change the look and feel mid session for some variety.
- Ladies, jewelry is a great way to add some dimension to your photo. Accessories like ear rings, a small scarf or a long necklace* are perfect things to add to your outfit.
* Wear a long necklace to elongate the neck, and draw the eye in a long line. This gives a more flattering look. V-neck tops and jackets the create a long V will have the same effect.
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."
- Clairee Belcher
Choosing your background doesn't have to be hard. I can make a selection for you based on your outfit if you don't have anything specific in mind. I have some options to choose from however if you know you need a certain color before you come in let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your request. My general rule of thumb is to have a darker backdrop for darker outfits and a lighter backdrop for lighter outfits.
As always, feel free to reach out to me with specific questions or to ask my opinion on your outfit choices. I am happy to help!!